Barry Lind wrote:

Environment #1:  WinXP 8.0beta4 server, 8.0jdbc client
2004-11-19 12:19:06 ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 25344832

Environment #2:  Sun Solaris 7.4.3 server, 8.0jdbc client
ERROR: no value found for parameter 1

From memory the 7.4.3 behaviour you see can happen if you DECLARE CURSOR with a parameterized query (executes OK) then try to FETCH from it (fails with the above error, as the original parameter values from DECLARE execution are not stored with the portal). The parameterization can happen either via V3 protocol Parse/Bind or via function execution, IIRC.

I put together a patch to fix this that made it into 8.0 (with some changes IIRC), perhaps the bug lies in there somewhere.

-O

http://archives.postgresql.org