Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

No you can not, but the tracker isn't very resource intesive from my past experience. I can host it if needed.

It wasn't that that I was thinking of ... just wondering if there was some way of having it redundant, instead of centralized ... nice thing about ftp mirrors, we have about 60 of them, so if one goes down, it doesn't really affect anything ... from what everyone is saying, if the tracker goes down, it affects everything ... seems odd to have "new technology" still having single points of failure :(

O.k. I know nothing of bittorrent but couldn't we just have to machines that are identically configured that have a round robin DNS thing going on?

That would help with load.

If the machines were on the same network we could even heartbeat or service check between them.