Tom Lane wrote:

If the C library does support queued signals then we will read the
existing SIGPIPE condition and leave our own signal in the queue.  This
is no problem to the extent that one pending SIGPIPE looks just like
another --- does anyone know of platforms where there is additional info
carried by a SIGPIPE event?

POSIX.1b / SA_SIGINFO? SIGPIPE does not fill much of siginfo_t, but the 3rd handler arg has the interrupted execution context.

-O