Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> However, one thing we can do is to try this in Makefile.aix:
>       # AIX needs threads for everything that uses libpq
>       LIBS += $(PTHREAD_LIBS)
> That is going to enable thread libs for all linking including the
> backend, but it might work.

That is certainly wrong.  The correct thing is to add PTHREAD_LIBS to
all and only those links that include libpq.  I suspect that the cc_r
business is a red herring and the real problem is just that you forgot
to include the libraries --- if so, AIX is probably not the only
platform that will break.