Has any thought been given to making integer datetimes the default on platforms that support it? Are there any performance implications? I saw the Tom Lane raised this when it was added, and it looks like the decision was deferred. I know that, ceteris paribus, I would rather have fixed microsecond precision across a slightly smaller range in every app I've ever worked on. Which platforms don't support it? I did some search on all these questions but didn't find much info. I'm probably going to add the flag enabling it to the default buildfarm setup.

cheers

andrew

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster