Le 21 déc. 04, à 06:45, Bruce Momjian a écrit :

Rémi Zara wrote:

Le 16 d?c. 04, ? 22:48, Bruce Momjian a ?crit :

I am confused by the threading failure. I don't see any free() call in
thread_test.c. Would you go to the tools/thread directory and run the
program manually and use a debugger to see the failure line? Is there
some threading flag NetBSD requires for compiles or linking?

Ok. I must have made an error reporting the output of the thread safety
test.
Here is the output, for ./configure --enable-thread-safety:

configure:18831: ./conftest
Your errno is thread-safe.
Your system uses strerror() which is not thread-safe. **
Your system uses getpwuid() which is not thread-safe. **
Your system has getaddrinfo();  it does not need gethostbyname()
   or gethostbyname_r().

** YOUR PLATFORM IS NOT THREAD-SAFE. **

Shame. You don't see strerror_r() or getpwuid_r() around anywhere. If not please bug the NetBSD people to add them. They can also make strerror() thread-safe rather than adding strerror_r(). Thanks.

It seems that getpwuid_r() is being implemented in NetBSD-current. I don't know about strerror_r().

Regards,

Rémi Zara

--
Rémi Zara