[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Considering that pretty much everyone uses libtool these days, I'm not too worried about portability.

(And before anyone asks: No, libtool does not require automake.)

I think it may be worth trying out. Comments?

Does it work with Windows, or with that be a 'special case'?

It is supposed to...

Mind you, it is supposed to support OS/2 as well and I have had problems
with several projects that use it.

libtool is actually in the MSys DTK, so it should work for the Windows builds.

I'd be more worried about some of the less common *nix systems that we try to support. The only way to know is to suck it and see. Take a snapshot, libtoolize it, and ask people to test the result.

cheers

andrew