I think the ARC issue is the same with any other patent ...
Recently somebody pointed me to a nice site showing some examples:

http://www.base.com/software-patents/examples.html

Looking at the list briefly I can find at least five patent problems using any operating system with PostgreSQL.

From my point of view having the ARC in there is just as safe / unsafe as using "Hello World" and compile it with GCC.

I don't think it possible to sue a community anyway.

        Best regards and have fun reading those examples,

                Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings