Tom Lane wrote:

Maybe

(a) within 200,000 transactions of wrap, every transaction start
delivers a WARNING message;

(b) within 100,000 transactions, forced shutdown as above.

This seems sound enough, but if the DBA and/or SA can't be bothered reading the docs where this topic features quite prominently, I suspect the warning messages won't have much effect either. Basically ISTM we're talking about people who *need* a clue howitzer.

This will possibly hit us more now we have the Windows port (or maybe not, if the Windows servers are regularly rebooted ;-) )

cheers

andrew