At 2005-02-19 21:38:56 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> a valid query.

A couple of things I forgot to mention:

1. I turned the logging all the way up and I've uploaded the messages
   from the crashing backend to <http://wiw.org/~ams/crash.log>
   (Only the messages logged after it received the last query.)

2. It isn't obviously something my application is doing wrong, since the
   "insert into ... select where not exists (...)" style of query does
   work for me in other places (albeit simpler queries). Furthermore,
   if I change the query to a simple "insert into bodyparts ...", it
   works fine, so it's not bogus parameter data or anything that's
   causing the problem.

   (Of course, the server probably shouldn't crash even if it were.)

-- ams

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster