Robert Treat wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 19:08, Neil Conway wrote:
> > Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:
> > committers, myself included, deserve some blame for not making more
> > rapid progress on the queue of unapplied patches for 8.1. In the
> > meanwhile, the queue should be easier for folks to find (why is the
> > "pgpatches" queue the only one linked from postgresql.org, but it is
> > almost empty?)
> >

> Wow, I hadn't realized just how big that queue had gotten. I've got no qualms
> adding another link to the website, but can we get a scheme wrt to links for
> the various patche queues?  Is pgpatches for the current stable branch and
> pgpatches2 for the current development branch?  (Well, that can't be true
> since before 8.0 release they were both for unstable branches...)
>
> Incidentally, I think DEV_FAQ 1.4 should be modified to include mentioning
> the
> patch queues.

Done:

        1.4) What do I do after choosing an item to work on?

        Send an email to pgsql-hackers with a proposal for what you want to do
        (assuming your contribution is not trivial). Working in isolation is not
        advisable: others may be working on the same TODO item; you may have
        misunderstood the TODO item; your approach may benefit from the review
        of others.

        A web site is maintained for patches that are ready to be applied,
        http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches, and those that are
        being kept for the next release,
        http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches2.