Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Dave Cramer wrote:

Shachar,

I think with type oid 705 (unknown) it's safe to treat it as text. Certainly better than punting.

Question is what DBTYPE to report it as. Options are DBTYPE_WSTR (UTF-16 string, which means the input string must be a valid UTF-8 string), DBTYPE_STR (just dump it as I get it, and hope that client doesn't barf on the UTF-8 encoding), DBTYPE_BYTES (it's an array of bytes, just let the client figure out what to do with it. No promises on my part).

I don't know type 705 well enough to decide which would work best. If it's guaranteed to be a validly encoded text string, then I'll just put it in as DBTYPE_WSTR, and get it done with.

I think it's safe to assume it will be encoded properly. Attempting to convert it to a DBTYPE_WSTR makes more sense to me. Of course I reserve the right to be wrong.

On another note are you aware of any issues with transactions? Specifically with using the dated autocommit mode ?

I'm not sure what dated autocommit is. What are the issues you are seeing?

Pre-7.4 servers used set autocommit on/off and that was the error they referred to, however after asking them to get me a test case I haven't heard back
9 times out of 10 this means that while creating their test case they found the problem.

Dave

      Shachar

-- Dave Cramer http://www.postgresintl.com 519 939 0336 ICQ#14675561

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings