Hi, Mark.

Mark Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In light of this thread, have you compared the performance on
> Linux-2.4?

No, but I'm just testing my patch on Linux-2.4 with a middle-range server.
I will report the results sometime soon.

By the way, I found the debug option (XLOG_MULTIPAGE_WRITER_DEBUG) was enabled
in your prior benchmarks. It writes logs a lot.
I hope performance doesn't fall at least without debug.

> So the new baseline result with 8.0.1:
>         Throughput: 3639.97
> Results with the patch but open_direct not set:
>         Throughput: 3494.72
> Results with the patch and open_direct set:
>         Throughput: 3489.69

---
ITAGAKI Takahiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NTT Cyber Space Laboratories