Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 06:56:01AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

From a "people who call me" perspective. I am never asked about
inheritance. Most of the people don't even know it is there.
The requests I get are:

Just wondering, does anybody asks you about the excessive locking (and
deadlocking) on foreign keys?

I do get the deadlocking on foreign keys question sometimes but there are ways to directly help that.

The business about being able to drop
users and then find out they were still owners of something?

Well remember that we do a lot of the database work for our customers so
we are prepared for some of this ahead of time... and now that I think about it that causes my view to be a little skewed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

I guess I
worry about things too low-level that nobody really cares too much about.

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting