Ok!
The Links your posted are great and i guessing it will help me a lot!

But the other Question (if Tablepartitioning under Developemt and will it be supported generally)
is still alive.

Josh

Qingqing Zhou wrote:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

I have done the following Post to PSQL Performance, but Richard Huxton
say it
might be a better Idea to post it again on you List so i forward the
message.

It is exiting to see thadt Verison 8.0 has Tablespaces like ORACLE and
DB/2,
but i need Partitioning on a few very large Tables.

Richard said you can *search* in this list ...  Here are two links might be
of your interests:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-12/msg00101.php  - how
to do horizonal partition using inheritance;

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-03/msg00370.php - a
long list of discussing the future partition implementation;

Regards, Qingqing

   *

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])