On Wed, 4 May 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:

"Andrew Dunstan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

As for CVS - if we can't do development the way we want using it then it's
time to replace it.

CVS's capabilities (or lack of same) are completely unrelated to the matter in hand. What we are talking about is packaging, ie what should sensibly go out in the same shipped tarball.

I agree. I was responding to Josh's suggestion that CVS limitations were driving policy, but your response is more apposite ;-)

Just curious here ... but do any of the version control systems provide "per directory user restrictions"? Where I could give CVS access to Joshua, for instance, just to the plphp directory?

Serious question here, since I don't know, I only know CVS can't (or, rather, not that I've ever been able to find in the docs) ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664