Josh Berkus wrote:
PG hackers,

[snip]

What We Need From Hackers -------------------------------------- (other than patch approval, that is) As stated above, these system
views, once incorporated into a pg distribution, are likely to be
with us *forever*. As such, we really can't afford to do major
refactoring of the column names and structure once they're released.
So it's really, really, important for everyone on hackers to look
over the definitions below and find stuff that we've missed or
doesn't make any sense. Also, we'd like to know about 8.1 changes
that affect these views.

This all looks good to me, from a quick read through. I don't claim to have examined the details, but the general idea is definitely something that would be very worth having.

A nice thing to add would be a more human-comprehensible view of the pg_locks table. I keep meaning to write a view for it myself, but haven't ever gotten a round tuit.

Tim

Tim Allen          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Proximity Pty Ltd  http://www.proximity.com.au/
  http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/rita_tim/