On Fri, 6 May 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

No that is public presentation of the project not project development.

I don't see that people are going to be able to participate in development
if they don't use the mailing lists.

I am not arguing that but public mailing lists are no place to track status of sub projects or tasks. They are for discussion.

first off, there is really no reason why a 'PostgreSQL Server' project can't be created on pgFoundry for the express purpose of this sort of thing, with pointers to where the real work is happening ...

but ... who is going to maintain it? if developers aren't willing to deal with a formal bug tracking system, I can't see how a 'web based project tracking system' is ever going to get updated, unless somehow maintaining of that ties in with the Weekly News that David/Elein/etc have been producing ... ?

But, if that is the case, then why not just archive the Weekly News on the main web site and provide a link/sub-page expressly for that?

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664