Simon Riggs wrote:
I support Andrew's comment, though might reword it to "Don't enable anything that gives users programmable features or user
exits by default".

Users can already define SQL functions by default, which certainly provides "programmable features". I'm not quite sure what you mean by "user exits."

I guess I'm missing how pl/pgsql is a fundamentally greater security risk.

You can't use the builtin encoding functions or non-btree indexes to
access things you are not supposed to.

How can you use pl/pgsql to "access things you are not supposed to"?

-Neil

http://archives.postgresql.org