Marc G. Fournier wrote:

'k, now i'm confused ... what are you looking at here, in contrib, as being 'admintools'? Right now, anything in contrib is 'add-on' anyway, so they'd still be as confused, I'd think ...

Well at least it would be contained in the full tarball, not coming from a 3rd site (and will hopefully build with a --with-contrib or so, after some cleanup in contrib).
To fix it finally, all admin related stuff should be in core, not contrib. I'm not too happy with admin tools needing additional stuff loaded in each backend to maintain them (and e.g. surveilling table sizes seems quite basic to me).

Regards,
Andreas