Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> In fact I've seen many more people with this problem after 8.0 was
> released, at least in pgsql-es-ayuda.

Which problem exactly?  Most of the 8.0 complaints I can recall seemed
to come from people who were trying to dump from a SQL_ASCII database
and reload into a UTF8 database --- that is, their problems were
specifically *caused by* our decision to shift to a more restrictive
default.  Which is why I'm not eager to make it even more restrictive.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq