I don't think Stephen was being sarcastic.  Such a system would need an
enormous bootstrap effort.  Once it's in place, and having shown its
usefulness, maybe the community would start using it.
(Of course no one can make promises on that other than for himself.)

Well sorry but that is ridiculous. Either the community (or more specifically core) chooses to use it upfront or not. I think it is a complete waste of time and energy to expect someone to put in all that effort just to have the community give them the finger.

This isn't something that is going to serve the person who loose all the sleep to configure and maintain it. It is something that is going to help the PostgreSQL community has a whole, to grow in a reasonably organized and hopefully less painful way.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend