On May 20, 2005, at 11:43 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Actually, when BZ sends you mail, it's acting on choices that you have made,
or someone at RedHat has made for you. You have a lot of control over what
it sends. You want all the email? Tell BZ and you should get it. By contrast
with these fine-grained controls, a mailing list offers you one choice:
subscribe or don't.

Right, if you classify the information coming in, you can set controls over who sees it. What we don't do now is any kind of classification.

This may be a bit off-the-wall, but I recall Joel Spolsky recently writing about using Bayesian filtering to classify mail into groups other than spam/ham. I wonder if there's any use for something like that in this case.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/FogBugzII.html

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?