Tom Lane wrote:

Fixed; turns out to be an ancient parse-analysis bug that was causing
the view definition to not agree with the function definition if the
function definition included a nondefault typmod.

I wonder though why this contrib module is defining its output as
numeric(10) --- seems like a pretty inefficient choice compared to,
say, int8; or even int4 which is what the pg_locks view is using.

I couldn't use int4 as the underlying datatype is unsigned int (not available as exposed Pg type). However, using int8 sounds promising (is int8 larger than unsigned int on 64-bit platforms?).

And it's arguably a wrong specification anyway, since the code is doing
nothing to enforce that precision.

Hmmm - that's right, not sure why I did that :-( just using numeric in the view might have been more sensible.

cheers

Mark

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster