"Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

> This is not an issue except if the system might actually try to recover;
> which is not the case in the postmaster snippet you mention.

Yeah, you are right. I scratched elog/ereport(FATAL/PANIC), only found this
one might be a suspect:

 In _hash_expandtable():

 if (!_hash_try_getlock(rel, start_nblkno, HASH_EXCLUSIVE))
  elog(PANIC, "could not get lock on supposedly new bucket");

Or maybe elog(PANIC) is a false alarm here?

Regards,
Qingqing