Ok, I already realized WAL in GiST and tested with online backup. It works.
Now I need test it on recovery after crash (power loss etc) and there is a problem in GiST with incompleted inserts, I hope, I resolved it, but this problem, I think, has the same nature as incompleted splits in btree code. For solving, btree xlog code uses stack of incompleted splits and if they leaves incompleted, btree_xlog_cleanup function completes them. I make use similar idea, but I can't reproduce situation when xlog_cleanup makes some useful work except just looks at void stack. So question: how is it possible to reproduce desired behaviour?

I tried to kill(getpid(), SIGKILL) in a middle of insertion (inside gist.c), but postgres doesn't try ro restore aborted transaction....

Thank you.
--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/