Dave Page wrote:

Thus, "sys_shared", "def_share", "user_commons" are all sorts of names
that suggest that this is some sort of default/shared area.

I like the first. The second and third seem less obvious to me.
'default_shared' should definitely get the point across, though it's a
little long.

It strikes me that these names just might have some significance to developers but will have none at all for users. I don't heve a better alternative ... maybe because the purpose has been expressed somewhat fuzzily.

cheers

andrew