Tom Lane wrote:

Ferruccio Zamuner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I need to have in the log_line_prefix the search_path where the query has run. So last week I've started to read elog.c and I was thinking about a small patch there using a new "%S" option.

There's no chance of that code working when not inside a transaction;
which means that in most of the scenarios where you really want a log
entry to be made, it will fail.

                        regards, tom lane
Now I've found a simpler solution:

case 'S':
                   /* estrae il search_path */
             if (namespace_search_path != NULL)
               appendStringInfo(buf, "%s ", namespace_search_path);
             break;

It seems to work.

But I would like to understand why previous code was wrong.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq