Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
I believe that if we do something like

TEMP_PORT = 5$(default_port)

check:
pg_regress ... --temp_port=$(TEMP_PORT)

then the port could be overridden without any source code hacks by
"gmake TEMP_PORT=nnn check".

Works for me. Let's do it. If I understand this right it would not need any changes on the buildfarm side.

Done as far back as 7.4, so that this should actually work as long as
you don't try to parallel-test 7.3 and 7.2.

Excellent. Thankyou.

The buildfarm config stuff should recommend choosing 4-digit port
numbers, because the patch I put in will fall back to 65432 if the
configuration port is 5 digits.

We alread had this in the distributed sample config:

    branch_ports =>
    {
        REL8_0_STABLE => 5682,
        REL7_4_STABLE => 5681,
        REL7_3_STABLE => 5680,
        REL7_2_STABLE => 5679,
        HEAD          => 5678,
    }

I have added your recommendation to the comments.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq