On Jul 27 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > > ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote: > > > In the meantime would'nt it be nice to try to understand what happens > > and correct it?
> >
> >I'm a bit afraid that 8.1 is not used on unixware because people don't
> >have/want the patch installed.

The SCO compiler was a buggy mess with any optimization turned on 10
years ago, and it still is.  I see no reason our community should waste
time helping fix such a buggy compiler.  If it was buggy for the past 10
years, I think it will be buggy for the next 10 too.  We should just
turn off optimization for that compiler.

No we shouldn't.  I'm actually working with the SCO compiler guys to get
this BUG fixed.
Let's not pre-judge.

US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster