Andrew - Supernews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> If a SCSI drive reports write complete when it hasn't actually put the
>> bits on the platter yet, then it's simply broken.

> I guess you haven't read the spec much, then.

[ shrug... ]  I have seen that spec before: I was making a living by
implementing SCSI device drivers in the mid-80's.  I think that anyone
who uses WCE in place of tagged command queueing is not someone whose
code I would care to rely on for mission-critical applications.  TCQ
is a design that just works; WCE is someone's attempt to emulate all
the worst features of IDE.