Tom Lane wrote:
"Jim C. Nasby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Unfortunately, it looks like the allow_non_pic_in_shlib setting broke
platypus: http://lnk.nu/pgbuildfarm.org/3l3.pl

If I back that part of the patch out, playtypus works fine.

So what's different between platypus and the machines where it works?
We might need a version check or something ...

platypus is amd64, not x86. AFAIK, amd64 does not allow non-PIC code to be mixed with PIC code in the same object, whereas it's just fine for x86. In NetBSD pkgsrc, we've had to fix a lot of software that makes this same assumption.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>