The mingw header has pretty much this with WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE IN OUT and FAR dissolved away.

The standard test complains about it being an unresolved reference when it is declared as "char getaddrinfo (); ". If we remove that and instead include the header the test passes. I have no idea why that should be the case for this function and not for others.

cheers

andrew

Chuck McDevitt wrote:

The definition in WS2tcpip.h

WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE
int
WSAAPI
getaddrinfo(
   IN const char FAR * nodename,
   IN const char FAR * servname,
   IN const struct addrinfo FAR * hints,
   OUT struct addrinfo FAR * FAR * res
   );

(IN, FAR, and OUT are #defined to empty string).

WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE is __declspec(dllimport) WSAAPI is __stdcall

So, nothing magic with #defines of the name getaddrinfo.