I looked at EnterpriseDB a few months ago.  The installation errored.
It left stuff in /var/opt, which I consider non-standard for a Red Hat
machine.  The whole product just didn't feel clean to me.  I admit
that's a pretty limited and subjective evaluation, especially for a beta
product, but I was in the mode of broadly evaluating alternatives, so I
moved on.  Maybe I need to look at it again.

Basically I feel more secure tracking the core project, even if I need
to maintain some of my own patches.

The EnterpriseDB guys have a final product now, and it's designed to emulate Oracle as much as possible. I'd prefer that in production than my own patches :)

Chris

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend