Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
We don't need access to that file, but install some sql files into
the share dir,  the test for postgresql.conf.sample is there just to
see if the dir looks like a likely candidate to be the dir we are
infact after..

Then my response is that Slony has absolutely no business installing its files into one of PostgreSQL's private directories.

Why be so prescriptive? pgxs already exposes <share_dir>/contrib as an install target via DATA and DATA_built. Arguably, other modules would be playing nicer if they put their private stuff in some other private <share_dir>/subdirectory rather than under contrib.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster