"borked on windows" is not necessarily the same thing as "borked on
everything but apple".

BTW, wasn't it you that sent in that old note that said it did work
on windows?  What did you test exactly?
Not I. The only thing I have ever noted with Rendezvous/Bonjour
was the whole trademark issue with the name.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake