Following item in HISTORY:

     * Add support for 3 and 4-byte UTF8 characters (John Hansen)
       Previously only one and two-byte UTF8 characters were supported.
       This is particularly important for support for some Chinese
       characters.

is wrong since 3-byte UTF-8 characters are supported since UTF-8
support has been added to PostgreSQL. Correct description would be:

     * Add support for 4-byte UTF8 characters (John Hansen)
       Previously only up to three-byte UTF8 characters were supported.
       This is particularly important for support for some Chinese
       characters.

In the mean time I wonder if we need to update UTF-8 <--> locale
encoding maps. The author of the patches stated that "This is
particularly important for support for some Chinese characters". I
have no idea what encoding he is reffering to, but I wonder if the
latest Chinense encoding standard GB18030 needs 4-byte UTF-8 mappings.
If yes, we surely need to update utf8_to_gb18030.map.

Anybody familiar with GB18030/UTF-8?
--
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Tatsuo Ishii