> > The other open issue in this area was that on Windows,
> pg_config needs
> > to return space-free path names to avoid breaking the
> makefiles.  It
> > was suggested that this could be handled by passing
> pg_config's result
> > path names through GetShortPathName() on that platform.
> That sounds
> > OK to me but I'm not in a position to write or test such a
> patch; can
> > someone take care of that?
>
> At the risk of getting squished in the rush to help, if noone
> else volunteers I'll try to find some time.

Missed this one when it came through the first time. Note: Not
volunteering, just commenting on the how-fix :P

Using GetShortPathName() will break on any system that has disabled
short filename generatino, which IIRC is a recommended best practice
both for performance and for security in legacy apps. I don't know what
it does, but probably it will just return the same long path again.

//Magnus

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq