Dave Page wrote:

We should probably document that pg_config may not work reliably with non-mingw
tools in that case. Microsoft code may or may not do what is expected with
front slashes.

BTW Thomas - I thought you said \\ did work when you were testing options for
me, or was that just msys rather than make?

My recollection from building libpq and pg_config using MSVC command line tools for DBD::Pg is that forward slashes worked just fine. If it doesn't then we should document fairly specifically where.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq