Hi,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Tony Caduto wrote:

I installed 8.04 via RPM on Centos 4.2 which is the same as RedHat 4.2 and while booting the init script reports that the daemon [FAILED], but after I logon it shows the postmaster running and I am able to connect from any client remotely.

I made not modifcations to the script and there is nothing out of the ordinary in the log.

Hmm. In 8.0.4 RPM init scripts, we were using a 1 second of sleep time (see sleep 1 line in the init script). On some cases where the system is slow, you are prompted about the startup failure; however this is not the real case.

In 8.1 RPMs, the sleep time was increased to 2 seconds; which we believe that won't have the problem you've reported:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgsqlrpms/patches/8.1/postgresql.init?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

So please increase this sleep time and give another try.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr