> > Heads up - I have seen 2 regression hangs. I am checking
> further. Has
> > anyone else run the regression suite with any version of this patch?
>
> Hm, anyone else?  It's pretty hard to see how the patch could
> break the regression tests, because they don't exercise
> control-C response time.
>
> Andrew, did you do a full rebuild after applying the patch?
> I don't quite see why that would be needed either, but people
> have seen weird failures from partial rebuilds before ...

I can unfortunatly conform that I'm also seeing this :-( I'm seeing it
in some kind of tight loop in the plpgsql regression test. Either that,
or it's just doing something *really* slowly. Doing some poking at it
with procexp I see it always being somewhere in a callstack that's
around:

... <- hang
... <- several more levels
postgres.exe!ExecProcNode
postgres.exe!ExecutorRun
postgres.exe!spi_printtup
postgres.exe!SPI_execute_plan
plpgsql.dll!plpgsql_compile
... <- several more levels, of course

If I kill the pl/pgsql test, everything else runs fine.
(And removing just this patch makes it run fine again, so it's definitly
this one that causes it)

//Magnus

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq