Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:

Michael Paesold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am definatly not going to use -march=pentium4 in any production system. Should I open a bug report with RedHat (gcc vendor)?

Yeah, but they'll probably want a smaller test case than "Postgres fails
its regression tests" :-(

I have just confirmed that the problem still exists in FC4's current
compiler (gcc 4.0.1, gcc-4.0.1-4.fc4), which probably will boost up the
priority of the complaint quite a long way in Red Hat's eyes.

I've also confirmed that the problem is in interval_div; you can
reproduce the failure with

        select '41 years 1 mon 11 days'::interval / 10;
[snip]

Would you mind reporting this to RedHat Bugzilla? I believe a bug report from you would have more weight then mine, because you actually understand what's going on here. :-)

Otherwise I am going to do do my best...

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold