Yeah,

I finally read it through and found it. There's some anecdotal evidence of up to 2x performance, so I'm interested in how to implement this in the jdbc driver. ( I'm a little skeptical about 2x)

I was thinking that it may be necessary to issue a describe before the execute, but I'm thinking now that the driver can only handle specific types, so anything outside of what it knows about would be an error anyway.

I gather it's not possible to mix the return format? For example all known types would be binary, others would be text ? At this point I'm not even sure it would help.

Thx,

Dave