On trying to recompile things, I find that contrib/intarray is broken
by this change, because it's using the flags field for its own purposes:

/*
 * flags for gist__int_ops, use ArrayType->flags
 * which is unused (see array.h)
 */
#define LEAFKEY         (1<<31)
#define ISLEAFKEY(x)    ( ((ArrayType*)(x))->flags & LEAFKEY )

It seems likely that intarray is going to need some rather significant
work anyway to deal with null elements, so this seems to me to be not
necessarily a fatal objection.  But why exactly does intarray need to
play games with the contents of an array value?

Sorry, intarray was first our module for PgSQL. I'll remove usage of ArrayType->flags soon.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/