Bob Ippolito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I don't touch pg_class at all... this is what I'm doing (over and
> over again).

>       -- clone_table is almost always a no-op, but once a day it creates a
> new table
>          SELECT clone_table('ping', 'ping_%s', '')
>          SELECT drop_ping_constraints('ping_%s')
>       -- stuff that doesn't effect DDL
>       SELECT add_ping_constraints('ping_%s')

Hm, do the drop/add constraint functions get executed even when
clone_table decides not to make a new table?  If so, that would probably
explain the pattern I'm seeing in the dump of many updates of the
pg_class row.

This still doesn't give us a hint why the row disappeared, but maybe we
can try running these functions for awhile and see if anyone can
reproduce a failure.

       match