I reproduced the problem by loading this dump to 8.1.0.
I think that the problem is the same as this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg01016.php

I saw heap_tuple_toast_attrs() overwrites a new tuple. And, backend
crashed while executing ExecInsertIndexTuples().

The problem occurs by the table like the following structures.
 (1)The table has a varlena column.
 (2)The table has a column with check constraint after the varlena column.
 (3)The table has a indexed column after the column with check constraint.
And, the problem occurs if a tuple for which TOAST is necessary is
inserted or updated.

Example:

create table test_tbl (
    varlena_col     text,
    check_col       text,
    index_col       text,
    constraint test_tbl_chk check (check_col ~ '^[0-9]+$')
);

create index test_tbl_idx on test_tbl(index_col);

insert into test_tbl (varlena_col, check_col, index_col)
values('A', '0', 'B');

update test_tbl
set varlena_col = repeat('A', 2000)
where index_col = 'B';

The backend will be crashed or wrong data will be registered to the index.
If backend is not crashed, Index Scan might return the wrong result.

explain select count(*) from test_tbl where index_col = 'B';
                              QUERY PLAN
 Aggregate  (cost=8.50..8.51 rows=1 width=0)
   ->  Bitmap Heap Scan on test_tbl  (cost=2.01..8.49 rows=3 width=0)
         Recheck Cond: (index_col = 'B'::text)
         ->  Bitmap Index Scan on test_tbl_idx  (cost=0.00..2.01 rows=3 width=0)
               Index Cond: (index_col = 'B'::text)

select count(*) from test_tbl where index_col = 'B';
 count
-------
     0  (Wrong result. Correct result is 1.)

--- Atsushi Ogawa