Luke Lonergan wrote:
Qingqing,

On 12/15/05 6:33 PM, "Qingqing Zhou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for Greg "let" me take a second look at qsortB.c - there is
paste-and-copy error there, so when it perform recursive sort, it calls
glibc's qsort ... Really sorry, and feel a little bit gun-shy now ...

After I re-tested it, now BSD qsort is the obvious winner in most
situations.

:-D

Can you post the new results like the last post?

- Luke

Here is a result from a dual 0.8G x86 running Freebsd 6.0-RELEASE:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/markir/download/sort-fbsd.out

(after patching the bug with qsortB calling qsort). Clearly in this case, there is no glibc version, hence I've relabeled the 1st case as "native qsort".

Cheers

Mark

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq