Am Montag, 26. Dezember 2005 20:46 schrieb Heikki Linnakangas:
> FWIW, I believe "log archival" is a common term for that.

I like that better, although there are a lot of logs, so maybe "transaction
log archival".

Considering the list originally referenced:

- File system backup
- SQL dump
- (Transaction log archival?)

This addresses the technical workings of the various backup systems.  The fact
that it is or isn't on-line, hot, continuous, fast, or flexible is secondary.