Tom Lane wrote:

"Andrew Dunstan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
We need to test any solution carefully on Windows, which deals with locales
very differently from *nix, and where we still have some known locale issues
(see recent discussion).

I've committed a proposed change in HEAD --- would you check out the
Windows behavior at your convenience?  If it seems to work, I'll
back-patch, but let's test first.

Will try. Not quite sure how, though. Any suggestions?

cheers

andrew