How about:

use "Online backup" or "Hot backup" to refer to either method of back since they are both done while the system is online or hot.

If you want to get specific refer to doing a "sql dump" etc for using pg_dump Then use "Incremental backup" to refer to the whole process of the WAL archival etc
Refer to the actual log files themselves as transaction logs.

That all seems to be pretty intuitive and non-ambiguous non-confusing to me.